[Ford-ferguson] Re: Ford-ferguson Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1 Ferguson TO-20

Twojean twojean at quik.com
Tue Jun 14 09:19:15 PDT 2005

Hi, list,

I'm fairly new at this game.

Perhaps someone can help me with a problem. Last week, I got a new 5
foot brush cutter for the 1949 TO-20, and found that the 3-point can't
maintain the brush mower at a set height; it sags on one side. The
result is that the whole mower drags, and plows into the ground a few
inches. Not good.

The side with the adjustible link seems to hold the mower up, a little
higher than the other side, but both sides sag after a couple of minutes.

Obviously, something is out of whack. It may always have been this way,
but the box I had on it didn't need to be held up at a certain height,
so I didn't notice the problem there. I did notice that the box sagged
when I raised it, but I thought it was just because it was an old
tractor, and I made a mental note to restore it -starting in the winter.
Now it's next winter.

I can't tell where the fluid levels are. Ideas for this newbie?

Thanks!