[AT] prime oil pump with prozac?

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 12 19:37:00 PDT 2005

>Funny you guys will believe everything that Soundguy says and take as
gospel
> without checking any of it out. I wonder why you thinks he so right  and
I'm

Walt.. are ya having a bad day and just needed someone to punch? or is there
another reason you are being so disagreeable?  It's seems pretty obvious
that the 'checking out; seems to have been done by quite a few people here
who also like to prime the pump in a machine that has sat for a while...
doesn't appear to be an isolated event based on the replies I see.

>so wrong. I have been reading other e-mails that have agreed with me on
oil
>pressure and starting engines are you going to jump on those guys  too.

It's your perogative to work on and treat your machines as you see fit.  I
think that what people here are having the hardest time with is you
criticizing everybody for what they do with their machines... right?

>Just to make my point I said that if you don't have oil pressure then  you
>should checkout the oil pump to see why not just prime it and go on your
way  as
>though everything is OK inside there.

I think the consensus is to prime the pump BEFORE use.. if the unit has set
a while.  In doing that.. you are priming it before you have started the
engine .. In other words.. you have no idea what the oil pressure at start
is going to be. I can't see how priming the pump hurts anything.  If in the
end, you find that it does loose it's prime on successive starts.. then
sure.. you have to fix it.

Soundguy