[AT] priming

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 11 11:18:36 PDT 2005

Listening to your posts.. it really seems that if anyone merely has another
way of doing something.. or simply disagrees with you.. that they are 100%
wrong.. In other words.. it's your way or the hi-way.

As for priming fuel pumps.. My Nh 7610s has a self bleeding fuel system.
Manual states it can take as much as 20-30 seconds of cranking to get it to
fire after an out of fuel situation, and that if it sound slike it is not
running on all cyls, to stop it, and restart it till they all pick up...  OR
you can turn a bleed scre and prime it, and then stat as normal.  The
bleeding and priming takes about 10 seconds, no tools required......  I
think I'll stick to bleeding and priming my fuel system if/when it has to be
done.  ( in my case it was a fuel filter that died at 25 hours of use...
water contamination in a load of fuel I got.  Filled up both water strainers
and then finally stopped at the 5 micron final fuel filter befor ethe
injection pump...)

Soundguy

>How many of you have primed  the fuel pump on your car. You ever  wonder
how
>it get that fuel up to the engine when you run it dry. POSITIVE
DISPLACEMENT