[AT] cub / prime oil pump

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 20:44:15 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/10/2005 7:40:09 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
walking_tractor at yahoo.com writes:
Walt, you are  terribly mistaken.  Self-priming and
positive displacement are NOT one  and the same.
Dave I  never said that they were, what I said was that all oil pumps on
engines are  Positive Displacement pumps.
Get your facts straight before opening your  mouth.
When you rebuild an engine you always oil the pump before putting it
together this is not the same as priming it. Its the same thing as when you  smear
oil on the rod bearings before installing the rods. If you were a mechanic  who
has rebuilt engines then you would know this.
I worked at Sharpe Army  depot where we rebuilt thousands of engines and we
never had to prime one of  them. I think that pretty much tells it all.

Walt Davies
Cooper  Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460