[Farmall] Machine Shed and Shop

Bob Currie tractors at foothill.net
Thu Jun 9 22:57:59 PDT 2005

Larry,
We've had lots of good discussions about shops and storage on the list from
time to time. First thing I'd say is that your needs in Nebraska will
differ from others who live in other parts of the country. Not space, but
the creature comfort stuff.  John Paur's arrangement is a very good set up,
especially with the center isle in his machine shed. Easy to get tractors
in and out without having to jockey stuff around. Out here in northern
California we don't have that Nebraska cold weather, so a concrete shop
floor of 2 X 4 depth is fine. I prefer the crushed rock over the dirt for
the shed area, and for heating, maybe read one of Roger Welsch's tractor
books. He just lives north of Grand Island, and had some good basic
ideas.  I have doors that are 10' wide and 10' high. They seem to handle my
needs, but there are some dings on the side of the door openings where I've
banged into them trying to negotiate my G/N trailer into the shop for
maintenance. I also did some plumbing, and I am glad I have a big deep
utility sink out there, and a toilet.

bobcurrie,
Greenwood, CA