[AT] Re: Floyd River

Dallas and Kathy pinecrestdairy at acsnet.com
Thu Jun 9 10:17:07 PDT 2005

Hi ya'all, We have been here for a rather long time, but have been to shy
and too busy to post. My mother grew up along the Floyd just south of
LeMars. She used to tell of all of the times that "a wall of water" was
rolling down the river. They would scoot out and retrieve the cattle to
prevent their drowning. The buildings were about a quarter of a mile from
the river. She had many pictures of the water right up to the buildings. My
husbands Mother lives on the Big Sioux right across from Akron, Iowa. She
Has been underwater sooo many times. She has told of the 8' wall of water
that came down in 1923. Their horses drowned. And of course, there are flash
flood watches and warnings for this night and tomorrow.    Signed by the
wife of an antique tractor addict.   Kathy
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>