[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 16, Issue 8

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 8 05:13:29 PDT 2005

>From: "George Willer" <gwill at toast.net>
>Sounder,
>It's interesting that I see several replies to a message I never received,
>but your quote serves just fine.

The list has been wonky for a few days.. at least on my end..  I'm glad I
remembered to quote a piece of it.

>>The usual place to prime the pump is  plug at the rear of the block on the
>left side behind the hydraulic lines (If the tractor has hydraulics).
>Those
>plugs can be VERY difficult to remove.  I had one last week that I COULDN'T
>remove, so I looked for an alternative.  Inside the oil filter housing is
>an
>open hole where the oil enters the housing... exactly below the plug in the
>deck.  I pumped some oil in the hole with a pump oiler and it worked just
>fine, with the advantage that you can watch for oil flow while cranking.
>The housing has to be pumped nearly full before oil will dribble out the
>gauge hole
>Karl,

Good to know.  i figure dthere had to be a way to prime the pump on the cub.
I'm way more familiar with the fords, so just wasn't sure.  And yes.. your
method of looking in  the oil filter housing would produce 'pumping' results
much faster than just pulling the gauge, due to the cavity that would need
to be filled.

thansk fro the reply.. I'm sure the original poster will be glad to read
your info.

Soundguy