[AT] caterpillar 416 backhoe

Bruce Fallon bfallon at whidbey.com
Tue Jun 7 19:49:25 PDT 2005

Does anyone know anything about the transmission cooler on a Cat 416 2 wheel
drive hoe? My neighbor has one I want to buy and the only problem is the
tranny cooler runs into the bottom of the radiator and a small amount of
coolant will leak into the fluid and block the filter. No oil shows in the
radiator.  He has bypassed the radiator for now by connecting the hoses
together. The lines are large the caps needed to cap the radiator are 3/4
pipe caps.  How much oil flows?  Is there an aftermarket oil cooler that can
be installed?  I am sure Ma Cat wants 2 arms and most of a leg for a new
radiator.

I just had the radiator recored for my Huber, it fixed the heating problem.
That was a couple dollars change from $400.00

The radiator man suggested getting an auxiliary tranny cooler for the CAT.

Bruce Fallon
Freeland WA. 98249
bfallon at whidbey.com