[AT] Re: It's a Cub!

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jun 7 06:15:14 PDT 2005

Uhm, Charlie - we are talking Cub here. The oil pressure gauge is
screwed into the cast iron filter housing, not the block. And getting
the lifter covers off is not a simple task (there is no "valve cover" on
the flat head engine), as the manifold tends to be in the way. but you
knew that, right? :-)

I think that someone's suggestion to remove/loosen the oil pressure
gauge and see if oil squirts out when you turn the engine over is a good
idea. Or temporarily replaced the gauge with a known good one. There is
a simple M/M adapter that screws into the back of a standard gauge and
into the filter housing. I have always felt that, when acquiring a "new"
tractor, you should probably change the oil, drain the filter housing,
and put in a new filter - you don't know how long it has been since they
were last changed.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene,
novelist and journalist (1904-1991)