[AT] Re: It's a Cub!

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 7 04:52:26 PDT 2005

>Subject: [AT] It's a Cub!
>Well, It finally happened...I finally have joined the elite of society.
>Yes,
>that is correct I now own a @$#!* Cub. The deal has actually been in the
>works
>since last year but, today it was unceremoniously dragged home behind the
>MF202.

Any chance that the oil pump needs to be / can be primed?  I know on old
Ford N-series
that if the oil pump looses prime, you can pull the oil relief valve on the
front of the block,
and squirt some havey gear oil in there, screw it back in quick and get the
engine rolling over
before all the heavy oil drains into the sump, and that usually get is
primed... anyone
know how to prime the cub.. or if it is even possible?

I have a cub.. but my manuals are at home.. etc.

On a side note.. what about pulling the gauge, and running the motor over
with the starter and see if oil dribbles out the oil gauge connection.. that
will let you know if the pump is doing 'anything', before it gets to running
rpm.. etc.

good luck

Soundguy