[AT] international 460

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jun 6 14:11:29 PDT 2005

No dipstick. Just open the level plug on the side and pour Hytran (or
the equivalent) in the top hole until it runs out the side hole. I don't
think a dipstick would work, even if you made one, as it would probably
get into the transmission gears/forks.

I don't have my service manual handy, but I would guess at around
1500-2000 PSI for a '60s era machine like that, less if the pump is
worn. Maybe someone else with more knowledge than I can come up with the
"spec's" on the hydraulic pressure.

Mike

ivan wrote:
> Mike ,  he said he saw the plug on top but was looking for a dipstick .
> Kinda sounds like the setup on the  "A " .  No, uses same pump , any idea of
> operating pressure ?   He bent the rod on the dipper cylinder , or it was
> tweaked when he bought it . Anyhow , two days and hes out $700  in repairs .
> .Thanks, Ivan

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene,
novelist and journalist (1904-1991)