[AJD] GP tool box

kreig astroguy at nas.com
Wed Jun 1 16:52:08 PDT 2005

I picked up a tool box for a GP while salvaging other parts.

Inside the top lid is a "pocket"  about 9"x3.5"x3/8".  I was wondering if
anyone might know what this pocket is for?  I would think it was designed to
hold paper goods, such as notes, or  . . . . .   Any ideas?

The box is in perfect condition except for a rusted out bottom, mostly thin
tin with cracks on the bottom.  Interestingly, the hinges work perfectly!!
Not sure how to restore this, the metal is too thin and brittle on the
bottom.

Also there is a 1/8" hole on the lid, exactly where a knob would be placed.
Any ideas of what kind of knob I should install?

I plan to have the 1930 GP on display at the JD Expo in Washington state
this month.  Certainly not a show winner but lots of fun to play with

Thanks,  Kreig