[AT] Phosporic acid and cleaning a gas tank

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Sun Jul 17 19:55:44 PDT 2005

Cecil - whatever protective coating this tank had before I got after it was long gone.  The rust was already pretty thick in there, which is why I used muriatic acid in the first place.  It did a good job, too!  I had just heard that phosporic acid would leave a protective coating which would negate the need to put in a tank liner.  It won't be a big deal to put in more muriatic acid to clean the tank again and then slosh in a tank liner.  I had just hoped to avoid the liner.  Oh well...

Thanks,

Kyle