[AT] Phosporic acid and cleaning a gas tank

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Sun Jul 17 19:52:35 PDT 2005

Hi Ron - don't be hard on yourself.  I'll take all the advice I can get :-)  I had just heard that using phosphoric acid would protect the metal for quite some time so that the tank wouldn't need to be coated with some kind of a liner before use.  In other words, you could let it sit for awhile before using it.  The rust converter products I don't think would work so well in this application because you can't control where the product is applied.  I had thought about just dropping in some 30wt oil and letting that sit in there until the tank is ready to get back into action.

Kyle