[AT] OOOPS - Do as I say not as I do

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Thu Jul 28 06:42:00 PDT 2005

Like George my compressor is powered up full time.  It operates on 3 phase
and a slight fault in the size of the overload coils in the motor starter
the unit will shut down if the compressor runs continually for 30 minutes or
so.  The only time this is a problem is when sand blasting, which I seldom
do. I was going to change the overload coils but decided it was a safety
feature so left it as was or is.

Something did happen once that could be a real problem.  A small opening in
the bottom of the pressure switch housing had allowed a mud dobber to
construct her nest and it blocked the contacts in the closed position
luckily I heard the pop off valve release. I killed power to the unit and
found the problem and wrapped some netting around the switch housing. (lazy
man fix).

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA