[AT] OOOPS - Do as I say not as I do

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 28 06:11:25 PDT 2005

Good point George
Few of us turn the water off, even when we will be gone for a week or more.
Last year an area resident was gone for over a month and their landscape
watering system experienced a pipe rupture.   According to the water company
spokesman, the resident was going to have to pay the $1000+ bill.   Where we
used to live in IN a rather liberal ruling allowed a resident one freezeup,
etc per year "within reason".  We have not been shutting off our water (when
gone for a week or so), but recently decided to do so after a church friend
came back from vacation to a basement full of water.
Herb