[AT] OOOPS - Do as I say not as I do

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Jul 27 22:14:50 PDT 2005

Dodged a bullet yesterday, I think.  Was using the 5HP Dual stage 60 gallon
Air compressor night before last and got called into the house for a phone
call. Didn't go back out to clean things up. Mistake. Yesterday afternoon my
wife tells me she hears air leaking in the barn.

Hmmm.  Oh my God, I forgot to turn off the power to the compressor and
didn't shut off the air line valves. Sure enough the compressor is running
and the rubber hose has sprung a leak.

Quickly shut off the compressor power. God only knows how long it had been
running. The room where the compressor is in was very warm so it had been
running for some period.

Hopefully no damage has been done to the compressor.

So, just a friendly reminder. Shut the power off when leaving air
compressors unattended. Getting forgetful in my old age.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com