[AT] Portland and a couple of things

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Jul 23 19:45:42 PDT 2005

Things have been really hectic here in Pfafftown......

A few months ago a couple of really serious medical/family problems cropped
up in my family (not Denise or the kids ).  That and some work I have been
doing am doing out of town since February means I am spending virtually all
my time away from the house.  What little time I have is spent with home
maintenance or hay.   I mention this because I want you folks to know that
I am not going to make Portland.   My mom needs a little R&R from the
issues I mentioned above, so Denise and I are taking her to the beach the
week before Portland.  Also, my son was invited to some free trout fishing
out west (his best friend since age 14 is a guide) and he invited me to go
along.  My son is 23 years old, graduated, on his own and is really
beginning to get too  busy for his own good.   I figure I better jump at
this chance while I still can.  Anyway, that is the week after Portland.
My daughter returns to college that Monday of the Portland show week.
Because of all this, and the fact I just can't afford to have 3 weeks of
non-billable time back to back, I will have to miss Portland.

Secondly, a special thanks to Dave Rotigel and Brice Adams for listening
and just being aware of my situation and being ready to help if needed over
the last 4 months.

Third:  The last of charity auction proceeds arrived about the time some of
these issues cropped up in late April.   Dave was going to help distribute
the auction proceeds, but then my schedule looked liked it was going to
clear so I didn't mail the stuff to him.   Unfortunately, that calm spell
was the eye of the storm and I never got around to sending it too him.  I
am now returning to the auction project and would like to get this wrapped
up.  A few months ago, the charity auction participants asked me to
cordially invite all ATIS users at large to participate in, and make
recommendations for, the proceeds of the charity auction.   Toward this
end, I have assembled a little poll for us to use for voting.   Here is the
link:

http://www.antique-tractor.com/index.php

I have a few "test" nominations on there.  THESE ARE NOT th actual
nominations.  Before voting, feel free to email me with your nominations.
To vote, you MUST create a user account.  Both the voting and the user
account creation are on the right hand side of the screen.

BTW, with everything going on, I did manage get a chance to take a 2
day/1215 mile Father-Daughter road trip with Elisha last weekend and caught
up with the Dotsons at Plain City and saw Brice on Sunday.  Missed Steve,
George and the rest at Plain City because of the weather (most wise folks
stayed away after Friday's deluge).  By the way THANKS BARB for the
Spaghetti.  Oh - Elisha says "Hi" to the Plain City Folks.

To the SEL and AT list members in England - You have my warmest thoughts
and my sincerest best wishes as you cope with the recent bombings.   Please
do not hesitate to contact me if I or ATIS can help.