[AT] She's smokin'--8N--"Farmer"

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Fri Jul 22 09:54:17 PDT 2005

Well, the tractor was used for raking hay for years but it hasn't worked
much for several years.  I bought it from my neighbor to putter with--and
possibly sell later if it works OK.  Think I'll try the oil change (any
suggestions for oil, additives, etc.?) first.  About the only work I will
have for it to do though is raking my alfalfa second cutting.  Not very
hard work.   Might try the leakdown test Phil suggested.  I have a good
diesel engine compression gauge but not sure how to crank and hold the
engine at top dead center on a cylinder.  Use a hand crank?    Thanks all
for your suggestions.   John W.