[AT] re: nase / VOM meters

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Thu Jul 21 17:47:06 PDT 2005

> The old simpsons where good for their time.  Easy to hurt, even more so now
> that everybody has gotten sloppy with dvm's.  Back in the day they where not
> the sort of thing you would ever lend out.

	My youngest daughter was production supervisor at the Simpson
plant in Elgin, Illinois for a number of years until she retired to
raise her new daughter, Heather, my youngest grandchild. While she was
there, I learned that Simpson offered a padded case for the Simpson 260
VOM to replace the old rollback front bakelite plastic case they had
for years. I bought one and installed it on my meter and am very happy
with it. Sure has saved it a number of times when it rolled off a
tractor wheel or slid to the floor of the shop.

	I also have a digital meter but find myself using the old
Simpson most of the time.

Cecil