[AT] Phosporic acid and cleaning a gas tank

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Sun Jul 17 20:01:14 PDT 2005

Charlie - my first experience with muriatic acid gave me a respect for the stuff.  I was derusting some model T parts, forgot about them and came back a month later to find some destroyed (hydrogen embrittled) parts.  Thankfully, they weren't critical or rare parts.

I used a 16oz. acid to 4 gallon water solution in this gas tank, so it was pretty week.  Still, given enough time, the acid can do some damage!

Kyle