[AT] Greenville Shows, bad times...

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sat Jul 16 16:26:51 PDT 2005

You know, it is very difficult to comprehend how difficult caring for an
Alzheimer's patient is unless you are in the middle of it.  I can easily see
where your sisters could think "It's not so bad" but we know it is.  With my
great aunt I'm just on the edge of the situation but even so I've had a touch of
how difficult it is.  My cousin stays with her during the weekdays, gets her
dressed and such, makes sure she eats and does an absolutely wonderful job
working with my great aunt.  Her dad handles all of the financial, legal and the
various house "fix-it" jobs.  I think my cousin gets paid a bit for her time and
I really hope she does.  She does such a wonderful job - my great aunt is very
lucky to have such help.
I applaud all who can provide such help - and I hope someone will do the same
for me if it is needed in the future.

David