[AJD] What are failed Master Brake Cylinder Symptoms?

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Fri Jul 15 08:24:56 PDT 2005

Dean,
         Mike has it correct with one exception.  You must bleed the
hydro-vac slave cylinder FIRST before you move on to the longest run,
working back to the shortest.  You may have mentioned bleeding the
hydro-vac and I didn't catch it.  They can really trap air sometimes.  I
have even had to start up the engine to get the vacuum to help bleed.  All
my trucks have had hydraulic, vacuum assisted brakes.  I think you have air
in the system somewhere.  Once you find it, you will have to determine how
it got there.  You may have mentioned it, but your shoes need to be in
adjustment also or you will have a time bleeding.  Since you had recent
brake work at the wheels, I assume the shoes are in adjustment.
         Had you left that old Ford in Iowa, maybe I would have it and you
wouldn't be having these problems.  The poor thing is feeling misplaced. <g>

Ron Cook
Salix, IA