[AJD] What are failed Master Brake Cylinder Symptoms?

Robert M. Massengale ltcmikem at ktc.com
Fri Jul 15 04:25:18 PDT 2005

DeanVP wrote, in part:

> But I proceeded down the chain of hydraulic
> lines, bleeding as I went and then bled each wheel valve twice.

Dean,

My 2¢ won't solve your problem, but may contribute to the
process...  RE bleeding the air out of the system:  I was taught that
it is IMPORTANT to start the bleeding proceess at the wheel
cylinder MOST DISTANT from the MC and work toward the MC
bleeding the next most distant.  This method requires a bit more
brake fluid to get the system bled, but brake fluid isn't expensive
and getting every bit of air out of the system is critical.  Be sure to
consider the routing of the lines to determine the most distant
wheel cylinder from the MC as you move from wheel to wheel and
keep the MC reservoir filled as you progress with the bleeding.

Mike Massengale
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624