[AT] ford; now footboards

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Jul 15 07:03:57 PDT 2005

Thanks, Herb. What you referred to as a Sherman presumably is the lever
attached to the plate where the hydraulic dipstick is - that is actually
the lever for a Howard two speed rear. There is also a Sherman Hi-Lo
auxiliary transmission up front, operated by a lever on the left side of
the clutch housing. So I end up with essentially a 12 speed
transmission, 6 of them with the PTO at full rpm. That interesting
combination is why I was willing to take the trouble to restore the
tractor. With both auxiliaries engaged in 1st gear, the Ford is even
slower than an old Farmall F series tractor. :-)

If anyone needs a better image of the footboard installation, please
contact me off-line at <mikesloane at verizon.net>, and I will be happy to
accommodate you. (It is too hot and muggy around here to do much else!)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

  I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly
for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.
-James Baldwin, writer (1924-1987)