[AJD] What are failed Master Brake Cylinder Symptoms?

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Jul 14 16:02:21 PDT 2005

Thanks for all the suggestions, but.........Well folks, I replaced the
Master Brake Cylinder and I still have the same problem. Bench bled the MC,
installed it, bled all the lines and at each wheel twice. Get initial
pressure on the pedal and then the pedal slowly fades away to the
floorboard. Bleeding the lines offered no additional help although air was
pushed out of the lines.

I haven't verified that I'm loosing fluid during the fade down because I
lost so much fluid bleeding the lines. Need to next check with a full
reservoir to see if there is fluid being pumped somewhere.

Either I got another MC that is as bad as the one before or I have a bad
Vacuum assist mechanism or a leaking wheel cylinder somewhere. No visible
leaks but harder to tell because now I made a mess bleeding the wheel lines.

I was hoping to get lucky and have the problem solved with a replacement MC.
No such luck. Going to plug the line just before it goes into the Vacuum
assist the next chance I get and see what happens.

Something isn't kosher here. Not making logical sense.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com