[AT] ford sn

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 14 04:55:34 PDT 2005

From: D8RMAN at aol.com
Subject: [AT] Ford Tractor serial #'s
>Can anyone tell me if this is a 9N serial#? (Serial #     9N53b7I    Can't
>tell if that b is a 6...Look's like there may have  been another digit at
>the
>end.) This is for my father's tractor and my brother  sent me these #'s as
>want to get my father a set of running boards for his  tractor as he is not
>getting any younger and I want it to be easier for him to  get on and off
>his
>tractor safetly. Thanks for the help. Willard  Smith

Got to be a 9n..mid to early 41   And yes.. b is a 6... 2nr sn started
around 89k.. and only went to
mid 200k .. so you aren't missint a digit.

In any case.. 2n ont he 9n / 2n wouldn't matter.. They didn't have running
boards from the factory.. however if your model has the foot pegs.. you can
just make a set that eithr hangs over the foot pegs and then find a good
rear mount.. I've seen brake rod used.. or an L bracket over tot he
inspection cover.

An 8n running board can be adapted to fit as well... it will attach where
the foot peg attaches. and you will have to adjust the rear bracket a tad.

Soundguy