[AT] Greenville Shows, bad times...

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Jul 13 10:51:21 PDT 2005

George,

I have two great aunts who are (with significant help from family) still able to
live alone in their homes.  The one I mentioned before with Alzheimer's and
another one who is legally blind.  The one who is legally blind fell a couple
years ago and broke her ankle.  After some good rehab care and with the help of
family and neighbors she was able to return home.  Both amaze me with what they
can do in spite of their problems but it is sad to see them now as compared to
even 10 years ago.  Assisted living or nursing homes are a godsend for those who
need the services and any one of us could end up there one day.  It is truly sad
when the brain wears out before the rest of the body.  I'm sure many (if not
most) families are dealing with this problem and generally there is one (or a
few) family members who do the hard duty.  My hat's off to them.

David