[AT] new spuds

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Mon Jul 11 11:54:50 PDT 2005

Herb,

I mentioned this thread yesterday to a fellow who always puts in an
excellent garden and he said essentially the same thing you and others have.
He said he plants his potatoes in his most heavily mulched/composted/built
up part of the garden and he can reach into the hill with his fingers and
get the potatoes he wants.  In the Fall when the plant has died and he wants
to harvest all the potatoes still in the ground he said he just pulls on the
plant and usually all the potatoes come out of the ground still attached to
the vine ... boy I've got to stop thinking about this or it's going to make
me want to go back to putting in a garden.

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington