[AT] new spuds

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 11 08:25:07 PDT 2005

Ron & Dudley
If memory serves, a very successful Indiana gardener neighbor always mulched
part of his potato patch with a thick layer of wheat (?) straw and planted
those potatoes very shallow.  The primary reason was to facilitate early
harvest without sacrificing the entire plant; he just used his hand.  This
worked well for him.
Herb