[AT] Oil Filter question

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Jul 10 07:03:40 PDT 2005

I pulled out  my I-T manual last night and just couldn't get a clear picture
of exactly how the oil flows through the system.  It could be that the oil
flows past all of the bearings first.  I just looked the D-14 over and there
is a 1/8"  tee in the side of the block about mid way.  It feeds two lines.
One goes to the head and the other two the governor.   The manual does say
that there is a presure relief valve on the front end of the cam shaft.

Putting all of that together I guess it is possible that the oil that gets
to the filter is coming from the relief side of the presure relief valve.
However,  I still want to see some guage presure.  How else would I know if
the presure relief valve goes bad or the oil pump drive pin breaks?   I
think I'll just go back to the old style filters and not worry about it.

Charlie