[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 17, Issue 5

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 5 05:39:22 PDT 2005

I would guess that if you are replacing the shaft as an assembly.. bearing
carrier and all.. that you don't need to worry about it.  If you were merely
repalcing a shaft or a seal.. you might check the bearing play.. but as an
assembly.. it should already be to correct tolerance fit in the bearing
carrier/seal/collar assembly that bolts into the tractor.

The I&T fo4 manual makes no mention of shimming bearings for the replacement
assemblies on the fords, that are also 4 bolt slide in/out in replacement
units.. etc.

Soundguy