[Ford-ferguson] Replacing PTO shaft on TO-20

Chuck Kuecker ckuecker at direcway.com
Sun Jul 3 06:36:45 PDT 2005

Bearing endplay is usually set to provide the proper preload on the
bearings. If they run too loose, they may fail because of improper
pushing or pulling on the end of the shaft is another reason to keep the
preload set right.

At the least, the shaft might be noisy if left too loose. Shim material
is available at good auto parts stores and well-stocked hardware stores.
Cheap insurance against breaking something later on.

Chuck Kuecker
Beloit, WI