[Steam-engine] Watts Campbell Corliss For Sale

Tod Engine todengine at zoominternet.net
Fri Jul 1 14:31:43 PDT 2005

I recieved a letter today from Mr. Fred Faust in West Helena, AR indicating his interest to sell his 300 hp Watts Campbell Corliss stationary seam engine.

The engine is serial number 275, operates at 85 rpm and is a 24" bore x 48" stroke.  Length 29' overall, 16 foot flywheel.  It apparently was built in 1922 for Singer Sewing Machine company.

His letter to me states that he is asking $8,000 for the engine.  We don't have the funds to buy it and bring it to Youngstown, but perhaps someone out there would have an interest in this engine.  If you want contact info. please email me offlist.

Rick Rowlands
Executive Director
Tod Engine Heritage Park
William Tod 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Steam Engine
Youngstown, OH
http://www.todengine.org/
Photo Albums Online: http://community.webshots.com/user/todengine