[AT] O.T. carburetor

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 09:46:58 PST 2005

	I'm glad to see we finally got that durn carb fixed. grins.

	My post is off topic too. Reading all this about cars brings
back memories of my first cars too. We never shared any cars with each
other or my father. You either had the money to buy your own, rode one
of the horses, or rode with a friend who had a car. His car stayed in
the yard.

	My first car was a 1926 Chevrolet sedan - 4 cylinder engine,
vacuum tank gas pump and 2 wheel brakes. There were no brakes on the
front end of the 26 Chevvie. This car was soon followed by a 34 Chevvie
sedan, then a 39 Plymouth 5 passenger coupe and a 1940 Ford Coupe. The
only one I wish I had out of them is the 1940 Ford coupe. Geez, that
little car would move out. Nothing redone on it but it would flat out
move. I just wish it had had the brakes to go with the speed.

	In 1957 I bought my first new car - a 57 Chevvie. I traded it
in 1958 for a 58 Chevvie with a big block engine and dual 4 barrel carbs.
The carbs had an adjustable linkage so you could set the second set of
carbs to kick in at whatever speed you wanted. The 58 Chevvie was a
hard car to beat in a stock drag race but the front end did not hold up
to my style of driving. I traded it in 1959 for another brand new Chevvie
- a 59 Bel Air. A wonderful well balanced car that ran for over 120K
miles of trouble free driving.

	I'd still like to have that little Ford again some day. It was
a fun car to drive.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson