[AJD] 345 garden tractor(actually a 325)

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Mon Jan 31 17:57:37 PST 2005

Greg,
	Thanks for the info.  This thing has always run very good except just
after the warranty period, of course, the coil or maybe a circuit board
had to be replaced.  Something in the ignition anyway.  However, all
that did was make it run.  It had quit completely, I guess.  I wasn't
home.  On the road working which was the original reason for buying that
expensive new tractor at the time.  It has always cranked considerably
to get started.
	At your altitude, I assume you had to jet down the original
carburetors.  I think mine is on the lean side if anything.  I am at
1100 feet.  The dealer I purchased it from is no longer a John Deere
dealer, so I will have to find a different one if I am going that route.
  I would rather figure it out myself if at all possible.  I must
comment that this engine would not have been my first choice.  I just
ended up with it because of special pricing from Deere.  I believe they
were discontinuing the 325.  Maybe this is why.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA