[AT] O/T Meyers or Western plow

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Jan 29 04:24:47 PST 2005

> You might want to take the time to see if there is a Hiniker snow

plow dealer in your area. I have a Hiniker C plow with poly blade on

my Dodge one ton and it does a very nice job. The "C" feature allows

the blade to be curled forward so the top edge can be used to back

drag snow away from buildings and other objects. It is quicker, cheaper

and simpler than equipping a truck with one of the small rear clean up

blades. It also has a lot more room for snow that the plows equipped

with a reveresed cutting edge on the back of the blade. This feature

saves a lot of time doing additional clean up. The bottom cutting edge

is slpit into two sections but can be bolted together to make it one

piece. The blade is a trip edge design.

> Hiniker has several other designs for snow plows including conventional

and scoop/V-plows. Check out their website at http://www.hiniker.com/.

You can download literature/spec. sheets and a demostration video from

their website. They will also send you a video tape (at least they did

when I was looking for a plow) showing the features of the plows.

> Take care
> Allen Pruehs
> SE Michigan

	Hi Allen, if it wasn't for your post this morning, all the
email on this computer would have been spam. I was glad to see that
there is really someone left on the List. grins.

	That Hiniker plow is a dead ringer for my commercial Diamond
plow. Mine is 8 1/2' and has 6 ribs just like the Hiniker. Mine also
has the 3/4" bottom trip edge. My plow is heavy enough that it will drag
snow with the blade without tilting. As with the blade on the Hiniker
that folds over, the only limitation is how much snow you can drag
under the front of the truck going backwards. The Hiniker even has the
same light bar and mounting frame my plow has with the combination
pump and hydraulic unit mounted up front. Looks like the same plow.

	I don't know if I would like the blade that folds in the middle
but I do know that the local guys use them for clearing parking lots as
they scoop snow pretty good. I clear my parking area by turning slightly
as I go forward which works to keep the snow from sliding off both sides
of the blade.

	With the investment I have in this plow, and the fact that I
tend to keep my trucks until they don't run any more, I may have this
plow for a long time. This GMC 4WD diesel one ton dump with the Diamond
plow is the best working plow I have ever had. If it holds up now that
I have it fixed, I may have it for a long long time.

	I found out yesterday that I was able to download a complete
service manual for my plow as well as an operator's manual from the Meyer
website. Meyer Company bought Diamond and now owns it. I printed the
manuals and plan to do my own maintenance and repair from now on instead
of paying $60 an hour at the local shop.

	Thanks for your info on the Hiniker plow.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson