[AT] O/T Meyers or Western plow

Allen V. Pruehs avpruehs at cac.net
Sat Jan 29 03:20:27 PST 2005

You might want to take the time to see if there is a Hiniker snow plow
dealer in your area. I have a Hiniker C plow with poly blade on my Dodge
one ton and it does a very nice job. The "C" feature allows the blade to be
curled forward so the top edge can be used to back drag snow away from
buildings and other objects. It is quicker, cheaper and simpler than
equipping a truck with one of the small rear clean up blades. It also has a
lot more room for snow that the plows equipped with a reveresed cutting
edge on the back of the blade. This feature saves a lot of time doing
additional clean up. The bottom cutting edge is slpit into two sections but
can be bolted together to make it one piece. The blade is a trip edge design.

Hiniker has several other designs for snow plows including conventional and
scoop/V-plows. Check out their website at http://www.hiniker.com/. You can
download literature/spec. sheets and a demostration video from their
website. They will also send you a video tape (at least they did when I was
looking for a plow) showing the features of the plows.

Take care
Allen Pruehs
SE Michigan