[Ford-ferguson] Re: Ford-ferguson Digest, Vol 8, Issue 16

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 28 21:22:53 PST 2005

You're mistaken.  12v front mount coils have been available since the early
90's.  TSICO is making one now.  It still needs a 1/2 ohm current limiting
resistor however... but no ballast resistor ( A8NN 12250A or B ).. nor does
it need the ( 8ne10306) '6 to12' dropping resistor.  Like I said in my
conversion questions a day.. this is a very covered, already worked out,
non-problem.

My 2n is happily running on one of these tisco 12v front coils and the 1/2
ohm resistor.  has been for just over a year. Same set of points.. etc.

Soundguy