[Steam-engine] Small hand hole plates

Andre' Blanchard andre at usermail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:02:29 PST 2005

If you cannot find some it would not be all that hard to make them.
Cut out an oval flat plate, torch or band saw, and a grinder.
Pound a curve into it if needed to match the inside of the boiler plate.
Bend up a 1/4 or 5/16 round rod and weld or braze onto the plate to make
the ridge for holding the gasket and centering in the hole.  Drill and tap
and weld in a stud.

Andre' B.