[AT] Farewell Johnny !!!!

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Jan 26 04:47:50 PST 2005

> Steve,
>
> I still miss Steve Allen and Jack Paar.  I never watched Dave Garoway much. I thought Johnny was going to be out of his league but he fooled us.  Like "W" he was much better than expected.
>
> George Willer

	What was unusual about the old guys like Johnny Carson, Dave
Garroway, Steve Allen and Jack Paar is they did everything live. What
you saw was what they were doing. They had a ball on the show and so
did we while we were watching. We only had 3 channels back in those
days and all were interesting to watch. Now we have something like
75 channels of garbage and canned programs with phony canned laughter.
If they didn't have the canned laugh track on them, you wouldn't know
you were supposed to laugh. We lost a lot more than the old guys. Yes,
I miss them all - Johnny Carson was a real person and one of the greatest
we will ever see. RIP

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson