[AT] Now Trucks pulling tractors

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Tue Jan 25 14:40:55 PST 2005

ROGER THAT!

Phil

----- Original Message -----
>From    : Mark Greer <greerfam at raex.com>
Sent    : Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:03:51 -0500
To      : Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-
tractor.com>
Subject : Re: [AT] Now Trucks pulling tractors

>Reminds me of one time I went to put new tires on my '98 GMC truck. It came
with some mushy P235-75-15 donuts made by General when it was new. At about
23K miles they were nearly bald and worn to the TWI's. I bought 30x9.50-15
load range D Goodyear Wranglers to replace them which just about filled the
wheelwells without rubbing. The dumb pimply faced kid at the tire store
proceeds to tell me with a very serious look on his face "You don't want to
put those tires on there - they'll make it ride like a truck!" I looked at
him and asked "Just what the Hell do you think it is?" He got kind of
red-faced and didn't say anything else until he handed me the bill. So many
people driving trucks today don't use them as trucks-they just drive them.
For me, my truck is just another tool, made to be used. If I wanted a cushy
ride I'd buy a Caddy or a Lincoln.
Mark