[AT] RE: Cleaning out Tractor cooling system

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Jan 25 12:12:56 PST 2005

On 1/25/2005 at 12:47 PM Warren F. Smith wrote:
>I wasn't throwing stones Spencer because I don't even know where to aim
>them! In this case do I contact Charter (the internet connection) or
>server269, the mailserver?

No stones seen or inferred.   I just thought you would like to know
especially since you are posting from a business.   Would have to make you
wonder what other mail from your business to important customers also took
4-1/2 days!  At any rate, I presume Charter is the email provider for for
your company, palmetto builders.  They would be the ones able to do the
next round of troubleshooting.   As to contact info, yes, you would pass
along the information I sent to in my last note.   The received trail and
the message ID will give them what they need.   Your company's technical
person should be pretty helpful too.

BTW, If they are anything like about 1/2 the ISPs, they will immediately
respond with "ATIS mail servers were _______"(fill in the blank with
down/broken/incorrectly responding, whatever).  Don't let them get away
with that.  Make them troubleshoot.   ATIS processed tens of thousands of
messages in that time period.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!