[AT] Cleaning out Tractor cooling system

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 19 10:43:24 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Cecil E Monson <cmonson at hvc.rr.com>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 6:24 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Cleaning out Tractor cooling system

> I'm usually not one to bring up scare tactics to others other
> than to advise being careful. In the case of pits, it is a different
> story. I have a lot of experience with my men going into manholes in
> streets and can tell you a hole in the ground like a grease pit can
> be a deadly thing.

Cecil, I never considered that risk but it makes sense. My brother built
this one for tall people. He and I can stand in the pit and still just see
over the edge of the floor yet still not bump our heads on the bottom of the
vehicle. His biggest concern is keeping it covered when not in use so nobody
walks in unsuspecting and falls into the pit. Its a long pit with a wooden
staircase. Kept covered with planks when not being used.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/