[AT] Some ads from the 1.22 Lancaster Farming

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Jan 25 06:13:55 PST 2005

That would be a problem except this truck has been this way from day
one. When we talked to our repair shop he said that the pump we have has
been derated over 25%. Basically it is a 1000 GPM pump that has been
"rated" at 750. The department we bought it from is on Long Island, they
had it less than two weeks and sold it. It would pump more volume than
the hydrants could supply. Talking to Hale about it gave us the answer
that the pump was far larger than the tag said. The department had
ordered it "NOW" and they put it together with a pump they had already
in a chassis. Then they just stamped the rating plate with the lower
number. We have learned to live with the "little" pump.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York