[AT] Now Trucks pulling tractors

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Tue Jan 25 05:30:27 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/25/2005 7:16:21 AM Central Standard Time,
louis at kellnet.com writes:

I think  you are talking about two wheel drive trucks.  When the truck  is
loaded my camber doesn't change, it is a 2000 F250 with a straight  axle.
I had a 86 Bronco, with that goofy independent suspension that Ford  had
for a while.  Yes the camber changed when weight was applied to  the
front end.  I didn't care much for that.

Lou

The independent front suspension of the Ford 4 wd and 2 wd also has a  design
that since it uses no idler arm, the toe in changes as the wheel arc
changes.  A 2wd ford seems to almost fall down under the truck when backing  loaded.
That said, however, you can turn a Ford shorter than a  Chevy.  Really helps
in tight places with a trailer.  My 350 crew cab  will turn shorter than my
2000 chevy 3500 extended cab.

Cecil in OKla