[AT] Now Trucks pulling tractors

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Jan 24 18:37:57 PST 2005

Hi Lou,

I didn't write the original message but this is my observation from driving
mostly Chevy/GMC stuff and occasionally driving Fords.
GM front ends seem to have more caster effect than Fords.  This means that
the front end basically tracks exactly where you point it with very little
need to correct the steering.  If you turn the wheel sharply for some reason
(to avoid something) you can basically let it go and it will come back to
center and track straight.  Ford front ends don't seem to do that and
require more driver attention and input.  Not a bad thing if you are used to
it and I'm sure you get used to it.  But if you are used to the way the GM
front ends work the Fords can be a little exciting to drive sometimes.

Charlie