[AT] Now Trucks pulling tractors

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Mon Jan 24 17:14:41 PST 2005

I am not quite sure what that comment means.  I bought a Ford because I
wanted a truck.  If I wanted a smooth ride, I would have bought a luxury
car.  When I ordered my truck, I opted for the optional 4.10 gears not
the standard 3.73 gears.  I knew that I was going to be pulling a
trailer and pushing snow.  The salesman called me a day after I ordered
my truck. He said I processed your order, but I changed the gears to
3.73 for fuel economy.  I told him why I wanted the 4.10 gears, and if I
wanted fuel economy, I would have bought an Escort.  I really don't
think 3.73 gears will give that much more gas mileage over the 4.10
anyway. I have the V8 gas engine and get around 13 mpg on the highway.
I am happy with that.  We had a 1976 F250 with a 360 4-speed 4.10 gears,
that truck was lucky to get 5 mpg.  It would really pull, but the gas
mileage was lousy, we put a 125 gallon tank in the bed, so we didn't
have to stop every 100 miles for gas when we went somewhere with the
truck.

I am not sure what you meant about not sure which way the front end is
going.  Can you clarify?

Lou

mailto:louis at kellnet.com