[AT] Oliver 880 @ auction

actractor actract at snohomish.net
Mon Jan 24 20:08:38 PST 2005

 Oh, I'm sorry, this was all stacked outside in Eastern OR. It is so dry
that you have little spoilage. Fed to the cattle out in the field, not in a
barn. Beef cattle. Stacks were spaced throughout the field in convient
locations. Usually in a location you could keep the flood irrigation off it.
(under it). Might have a stack that is two different crops. If I remember
right, we just kept building the stack alongside. The haybucks would run the
windrows and deposit the piles near the stack for the stacker to stack.
After a couple weeks or so the stack would settle down quite a bit. I think
that is where the skill came into play and the reach of the Farmhand. Also
have to remember it needs to be picked out. Our loader we used in winter to
feed with didn't have any grapples like they do now. It's teeth were much
shorter only a couple feet. Don't know how dad got it out of the stack, but
do remember running the flashlight at night, as the G had no lights, and
some loads were way smaller than others. Gosh, someone put a quarter in me.
Got to get off here for now though.   Joel