[AT] Oliver 880 @ auction

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Mon Jan 24 19:23:53 PST 2005

The only loose hay I ever saw put up was in Illinois right after the war
where one of the farmers in our neighborhood used a straight/dump rake to
put the mowed hay into piles, then he (and his help) pitched the hay by hand
onto a wagon and then they used the overhead track and fork in his barn to
lift the hay up into the mow.

So, needless to say, I've found this thread interesting and informative.
I've learned this contraption we're talking about could be called a hay
stacker and that it really does have a high lift capability.  But I am
curious, however, as to how the hay was brought in from the field to the
stacking area.  Was it brought using a wagon and then this hay stacker
unloaded the wagon and made the stack or was it some other way?

Still curious -

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington